- SplFileInfo::getpathinfo() now returns information about the path name.
- SplObjectStorage now has ArrayAccess support. It is now also possible to store associative information with objects in SplObjectStorage.
- In the GD extension, there is now pixelation support available through the imagefilter() function.
- var_dump() output now includes private object properties.
session_start() now returns
FALSEwhen session startup fails.
- property_exists() now checks the existence of a property independent of accessibility (like method_exists()).
- Stream wrappers can now be used by include_path.
initialparameter for array_reduce() can now be of any type.
- The directory functions opendir(), scandir(), and dir() now use the default stream context if no explicit context is passed.
- crypt() now has Blowfish and extended DES support, and crypt() features are now 100% portable. PHP has its own internal crypt implementation which drops into place when support for crypt or crypt_r is not found.
- getopt() now accepts "long options" on all platforms. Optional values and = as a separator for short options are now supported.
fopen() has a new mode option (n),
O_NONBLOCKto the underlying open() system call. Note that this mode is not currently supported on Windows.
- getimagesize() now supports icon files (.ico).
- The mhash extension have moved to PECL, but the Hash extension have been modified to support mhash if PHP is compiled with --with-mhash. Note that the Hash extension does not require the mhash library to be available whether or not the mhash emulation is enabled.
add a note User Contributed Notes Other changes - [0 notes]
There are no user contributed notes for this page.